Team Electronique Arts Index du Forum
Team Electronique Arts
Bienvenue chez les *ΣΛ*

Team Electronique Arts Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: The Corporation That Changed The World How The East India ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Team Electronique Arts Index du Forum -> Matchs -> Team vs Team
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
valengar

MessagePosté le: Ven 7 Juil - 09:11 (2017)    Sujet du message: The Corporation That Changed The World How The East India Répondre en citant

The Corporation That Changed the World: How the East India Company Shaped the Modern Multinational
by Nick Robins
rating: 3.9 (18 reviews)

->>->>->>DOWNLOAD BOOK The Corporation That Changed the World: How the East India Company Shaped the Modern Multinational
->>->>->>ONLINE BOOK The Corporation That Changed the World: How the East India Company Shaped the Modern Multinational

Details:
price: $22.16
bound: 11 hours and 49 minutes
publisher: Pluto Books Ltd trading as Pluto Press
lang: English
asin: B0714BC82J
isbn:
weight:
filesize:

The Corporation That Changed the World: How the East India Company Shaped the Modern Multinational Nick Robins
The Corporation That Changed the World: How the East India Company Shaped the Modern Multinational book in English

The Picture we get from Indian history is that British were bad, ruthlessAbsolutelyWalking through the cities it impacted in Europe and Asia helps to contextualise its impacts, placing its actions in precise locationsThis impressive three-storey brick-built edifice was the headquarters of the Verenigde Oostindische Compagnie (VOC) from 1606 to 1799, and still bears the companys monogram above its entranceJSTOR Home About Search Browse Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy Cookies Accessibility Help Contact Us JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable waysHowever, it's the Board in English East India Company, investors who were responsible for decisionsThe story is sad, but I knew it would be before I picked up the book.I recommend this for anyone who is curious about the subject.more flag Like see review Oct 29, 2014 OD rated it liked it My first book-length history of the East India CompanyThe EIC was the largest corporation in history

While the rulers they replaced were not usually particularly benevolent either, the institutional power they developed allowed their greed and ambition to achieve much m I found this book exceedingly eye-opening, and certainly appreciated reading about the sordid past of the British Empire and its most important corporationflag 2 likesLike see review The good:* Probably the most highlighted book I currently own -- long stretches of the book, especially on Plassay and Clive, are pure goldThe story is written as interestingly as it could beAdd to My Lists Cite this Item 8 The Toxic Exchange 8 The Toxic Exchange (pp Close Overlay My rating is probably around 3.5 but I rounded it up because of the author's hard work

Nothing of his scepticism of corporations, their pursuit of monopoly and their faulty system of governance, enters into the speeches of today's neo-liberal advocatesMar 27, 2013 Bob Gustafson rated it really liked it I came to this book after reading Rushkoff's "Life, Inc." wanting to know more about the rationale for, and history of, corporationsLogin Log in to your personal account or through your institution Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of dateThe East India Company was a Corporation in the same sense that the BBC or the Corporation of London are corporations: it was a state-chartered entity, created in 1600 when such things were much more commonAdd to My Lists Cite this Item Epilogue Epilogue (ppAdditionally, the final chapter, about the state of the world economy today felt a little overly extrapolative, and the comparisons somewhat strainedReading If you are from any Asian countries, then you probably have been taught about British Empire Yet, in History class, it doesn't go in depth about the root of the those problems

On the positive side, I like the fact that the book does not let you forget that the EIC was a commercial enterprise and strives to never let you lose sight of the absurdity of its role as administrator to countries and arbiter of the lives of millionsA new regime had to be introduced to confront the extreme oddities created by a sharehold-owned corporation ruling over tens of millions of peopleMay 06, 2015 SUMANTH SURI rated it liked it THe British East India Company or the John Company is one of the oldest organizations ever145-170) Passing through a fortress-like gateway, the tree-lined courtyard is dominated by two imposing statuesAs well as being a financial centre, eighteenth-century London was also a site of physical exchange, and the warehouse was its archetypal buildingThe Company's establishment by royal charte This is a great critical introduction to what the Company was, what it did, and how it relates to the corporate malfeasance we are so familiar with today.Established on a cold New Year's Eve, 1600, England's East India Company is the mother of the modern corporationAnother 90,000 used by Cooke to buy stock to shore up the chartering process.A number of fortunes were made in autocratic bids to gain more power and profit -- that of director Sir Josiah Child ('Perhaps more than any other of the Company's executives before or since, Josiah Child had demonstrated where an appetite for corporate power could lead' (57)) ! :" " " Seuss Rick Riordan Rachel Renee Russell Top Collections American Girl Diary of a Wimpy Kid Finding Dory Harry Potter Land of Stories Magic Tree House Warriors by Erin Hunter Peppa Pig More For Kids B&N Educators B&N Kids' Club Kids' DVD Kids' Music Toys & Games Blog B&N Kids Blog Coming Soon Pre-order tomorrow's bestselling kids' books todayFor decades, the Company was simply too big to fail, and stock market bubbles, famines, drug-running and even duels between rival executives are to be found in this new account

Any power they held over their labour was smashedBecause the risks were, of course, much higher -- the round trip from India to London could take up to two years and there was limited communication or control possibleI had not, until recently, even heard of this famine, this terrible murder of millions of people in 1770 (ish)The good:* Probably the most highlighted book I currently own -- long stretches of the book, especially on Plassay and Clive, are pure goldAs the new millennium opened, market euphoria was still in the air, though with hindsight the crazed dot.more flag Like see review But it also conquered much of India with its private army and broke open China's markets with opiumIt's almost a relief from the overwhelming anger and sadness this tale of greed inspiresThe corporation that changed the world: how the East India Company shaped the modern multinationalNick RobinsPluto Press, 2006 - Business & Economics - 218 pages 1 Review popular history of the British East India Company and how it shaped the way corporations operate today 07f867cfac

Nick Robins-Early World News Reporter, HuffPost Nick Robins-Early is a World News Reporter at HuffPost, based in New York

My recipes &notes Blank cookbook: Blank Cookbook ( Recipes & Notes , Cookbook Journal , Cooking Journal ,Cooking Notebook ,Blank Cookbook Journal) 6x9 (Volume 16)Practical Notebook: Ruled Blank and Dotted College Large Exercise Book To Write & Draw In (Lined Journals)Radio Handbook for Extension Workers (Classic Reprint)Interested In Working Online: A Basic Guide To Getting Started On Upwork, Guru, Fiverr & Christian Freelancer Cleveland O. McLeishMini Business Check Register TemplateMy cookbook Blank cookbook: Blank Cookbook ( Recipes & Notes , Cookbook Journal , Cooking Journal ,Cooking Notebook ,Blank Cookbook Journal) 6x9 (Volume 5)O Estado da Arte do Turismo: Segmentação, Transporte e Cultura (Portuguese Edition)Visitors Entry System: : Large Design Visitor Log Book / Visitor Register / Visitor Notebook Guest Sign-In Register Book / High Quality Ideal for ... (Visitors Register Book) (Volume 22) Ultimate PlaPlanning Your SprintsAdvanced+Introduction+to+Globalisation+%28Elgar+Advanced+Introductions+series%29

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 7 Juil - 09:11 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Team Electronique Arts Index du Forum -> Matchs -> Team vs Team Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
onyx © theme by larme d'ange 2006